Bath bombs are a fun and luxurious way to relax and unwind in the tub. They're also easy to make at home with just a few ingredients! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make your own bath bombs:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salts
- 3 tablespoons oil (olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil all work well)
- 10-15 drops essential oils (optional, for fragrance)
- Food coloring (optional, for color)
- Small silicone molds or a muffin tin lined with muffin cups
- In a medium bowl, mix together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and Epsom salts.
- Add the oil and essential oils (if using) to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. The mixture should hold together when squeezed in your hand, but not be too wet or sticky. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more oil. If it's too wet, add a little more baking soda or cornstarch.
- If you want to add color to your bath bombs, divide the mixture into small bowls and mix in a few drops of food coloring until you achieve the desired shade.
- Press the mixture into the silicone molds or muffin cups, packing it in tightly. If using silicone molds, you can also tap the mold gently on the counter to help the mixture settle.
- Let the bath bombs dry for at least an hour, or until they are hard to the touch. If you're using muffin cups, you can gently press the edges of the mixture to remove them from the cups.
- To use, simply drop a bath bomb into a tub of warm water and watch it fizz and dissolve. Relax and enjoy!
- You can find citric acid and Epsom salts at most drugstores or online.
- Experiment with different essential oils to find your favorite scent combinations. Some good options include lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
- If you don't have silicone molds, you can also use an ice cube tray or even a small paper cup. Just be sure to remove the paper cup before using the bath bomb.
Making your own bath bombs is a fun and easy way to pamper yourself at home. With just a few simple ingredients and some creativity, you can create your own unique blends to enjoy in the tub.